- Mon-Sat: 09:00 - 21:00
Sunday: 10:00 - 02:00
3rd-Sunday: Full Day
Ask our Dentist
An implant is an object that is placed or inserted inside the body. It is placed in order to replace a missing part, provide therapy, or assist as a prosthetic material.A dental implant is a root of an artificial tooth. It is fixed into the jawbone and so it can facilitate permanent artificial teeth. Dental implants can support a single artificial tooth or multiple artificial teeth. They are made of dental material like titanium or zirconium.Dental implants (implant) help dental surgeons to restore missing teeth. Unlike dentures or other dental restorations like dental bridges, artificial teeth fixed on top of dental implants are closest to natural teeth.
They provide superior functionality enabling chewing of food and clear speech.Dental implants are fixed into the jawbone with a dental surgery. Once dental implants are firmly fixed, artificial teeth, dentures, or crowns are placed.
Who needs Dental Implants?
Anyone who has teeth is prone to lose it at one point or the other. People lose their baby teeth and get permanent teeth. However, there are many circumstances when they lose a single tooth or multiple teeth. Here are a few reasons why a person loses teeth.
Reasons for teeth loss
- Age – Elderly lose teeth due to aging process or due to dental diseases
- Dental Cavities – Tooth decay and dental cavities eat teeth from the inside and lead to teeth loss
- Gum Diseases – Gum diseases like periodontitis leads to gum recession, inflammation, and finally, teeth loss
- Other disease conditions – Diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, and arthritis can cause tooth loss
- Trauma & Injury – Accidents, injuries, and trauma to the oral structures is another cause for teeth loss
- Tobacco & Smoking – All forms of tobacco are known to cause dental problems and ultimately teeth loss
- Osteoporosis – This leads to reduced bone density and teeth loss
- Teeth extraction – In many cases, teeth are infected beyond repair and have to be extracted. This also leads to teeth loss
Among all these reasons, dental cavities and gum diseases are the most likely causes for teeth loss. People who have lost their teeth need dental implants, and crowns or dentures to replace lost teeth.