- Mon-Sat: 09:00 - 21:00
Sunday: 10:00 - 02:00
3rd-Sunday: Full Day
Ask our Dentist
Root Canal Treatment
Root Canal Therapy(RCT) has become one of the common procedures for treating tooth decay.
What is RCT?
A root canal is a treatment used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or becomes infected.
Main reasons for tooth decay / caries:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Sites of food lodgement between teeth
- Few Genetic factors
- Sweet and sticky food in diet
All these factors leads to caries & causes tooth decay. And when it reaches to tooth pulp, would causes severe pain. Root canal Treatment (RCT ) is done to treat this infection & pain
RCT Procedure involve
During a root canal procedure, the pulp is removed and tooth is cleaned and sealed from inside. Left untreated without any treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected and may lead to formation of abscesses.
When to concern the dentist for treatment?
You may need a root canal if you have:
- Pain or throbbing while biting
- A deep cavity that can cause an infection
- Pain when eating or drinking hot/cold food
- Injury to the tooth that causes an infection
- Swelling or pus draining from the gum nearby
- Colour change in a tooth